THE FOX CLUB FLORIDA ACQUIRED BY THE CAPE CLUB
Course to undergo significant capital improvements and reemerge as a premier private club this fall
Palm City, Florida (June 8, 2022) – The Fox Club Florida, an 18-hole semi-private club in Palm City, Fla., has been acquired by The Cape Club, a collection of world-class golf facilities that includes Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth, both must-play facilities in the Boston/Cape Cod, Massachusetts area.The Cape Club plans to invest significant capital into The Fox Club’s golf course and clubhouse, ushering in a new era for the golf facility – an era that creates a premier private club experience that will be the crown jewel of the Palm City and Treasure Coast region.
“This is so very exciting for the club, the community and the region,” said longtime associate of the Fox Club, now General Manager Kristi Tower. “The Cape Club organization as a whole operates at an extremely high level, investing back into their courses to create amazing golf, social and culinary experiences. Being a part of the Cape Club family will usher in a new era for the club and will elevate the experience for members and guests.”
Capital improvement projects planned for The Fox Club include, but are not be limited to:
- Renovation of all bunkers on the course to include re-shaping, new liners, drains and the addition of brilliant “Augusta-white” bunker sand in all bunkers – a Cape Club Collection signature feature
- New landscaping around the parking lot and clubhouse
- Investment in a new pump station to provide enhanced turf health
- Revitalization of golf cart paths to include a refresh of current paths and new white coquina for natural paths
- Clean up of landscaping in both in-play and out-of-play areas on every golf This will include trimming of all brush and trees, laying down pine straw, mulch and flowers in strategic locations.
- The entire golf course will receive top dressing to enhance turf health and will undergo other agronomic practices throughout the summer to ensure first-class conditions for the future
- Player-friendly redesign/enhancements to holes 10 and 18
- Refreshed (and fully accessorized) golf carts featuring state-of-the-art GPS, Bluetooth-enabled upgraded speakers, coolers and in-cart ball/club washers
- Renovation of the driving range/practice area to include enhanced landing area, new targets (with white sand bunkers), a new retaining wall, alternative artificial hitting matts, new practice golf balls along with furniture and practice accessories
- Creation of a new back patio on the clubhouse
- Clubhouse interior improvements to enhance social opportunities and event venues Capital improvements to be made by the Cape Club represent a multi seven-figure investment in the golf course and clubhouse. In an effort to complete all improvements in a timely manner, The Fox
Club will close temporarily from July 1 through mid-November 2022, at which time the club will be relaunched as the new Cape Club of Palm City.
Members of the new/relaunched private club will have access to both sister clubs – Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth. Additionally, members of Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth will have access to the new Fox Club upon reopening.
“Our members will be able to play and discover the world-class Cape Club courses in Massachusetts and vice versa. We look forward to being a winter retreat for Cape Club members from Sharon and Falmouth, and being their go to Florida destination,” added Tower.
About Fox Club
Located thirty minutes from West Palm Beach Airport in Palm City, Florida, on the Treasure Coast, The Fox Club offers quintessential Florida golf with a meandering layout highlighted by creative mounding, strategically located water features, tour-quality putting green surfaces. Originally designed by Roy Case in 1989, The Fox Club was redesigned in 2004 by the championship-winning duo of Darren Clarke and Eoghan O’Connell and features a fun, yet challenging par 72 layout with flexible tee options that can offer a yardage from 5,090 yards from the front tees to 7,070 yards from the tips. Just a short ride from Atlantic Ocean beaches, just east of I-95 in Palm City, The Fox Club is a popular locale for weddings, special events and golf outings/events. For more information on The Fox Club Florida visit www.thefoxclubflorida.com or (772) 597-4222.
About Cape Club Falmouth and Cape Club Sharon
Located in Falmouth Massachusetts, at the gateway of the Cape and Martha’s Vineyard, The Cape Club of Falmouth features a recently renovated golf course with jaw-dropping elevation changes, signature Cape Club white sand bunkers and a recently renovated clubhouse that is the perfect venue for a culinary journey or a wedding and special family occasion. The golf experience at The Cape Club is one of the best in the region that brings together fun, family and friends. For more information on Cape Club of Falmouth visit www.CapeClubResort.com.
Located in Sharon, Massachusetts, the Cape Club of Sharon joined The Cape Club Family in 2017 and has also undergone significant renovations and enhancements. Golf course refinements included the addition of new Cape Club signature white sand bunkers, while clubhouse enhancements have included renovations to the Grand Ballroom and Grille Room, and the creation of an expansive Grand Patio featuring fire pits, big screen televisions, frequent live music events and expansive views of the golf course. The Cape Club of Sharon is one of the best dining/social experiences in the region. For more information on the Cape Club of Sharon, visit www.thecapeclubofsharon.com.
Rob Myers 602-317-6131